- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Paladar Aché Review
The plastic chairs and tables and pink walls of this tiny private eatery don't hold a candle to the brilliance of the city's mansion restaurants, but your meal here will be prepared by the owner instead of by underpaid government employees. The state lets only the owners serve chicken and pork, which are, consequently, prepared several ways and come with lots of arroz congrí and other Cuban side dishes. The paladar is in a yellow house 2½ blocks east of the Malecón and a block south of the Bahía Service Station. If you let a Cuban lead you here or you arrive in a taxi, the prices will be inflated to cover their commission.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture,... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more