Paladar Aché Review
The plastic chairs and tables and pink walls of this tiny private eatery don't hold a candle to the brilliance of the city's mansion restaurants, but your meal here will be prepared by the owner instead of by underpaid government employees. The state lets only the owners serve chicken and pork, which are, consequently, prepared several ways and come with lots of arroz congrí and other Cuban side dishes. The paladar is in a yellow house 2½ blocks east of the Malecón and a block south of the Bahía Service Station. If you let a Cuban lead you here or you arrive in a taxi, the prices will be inflated to cover their commission.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's