The neoclassical Biblioteca, on Plaza Serafín Sánchez's southwest corner, is the most conspicuous edifice. Built in 1929 by the city's wealthiest citizens as an exclusive club, it became a public library following the Revolution, and was meticulously restored in 1998. On the 2nd floor in the former ballroom, students now read beneath painted columns and crystal chandeliers. Be sure to check out the view from the balcony.
- Address: Calle Máximo Gómez 1 Norte, Sancti Spíritus, Sancti Spíritus
- Phone: 41/32–3313
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Weekdays 8 am–9 pm, Sat. 8–4
- Location: Sancti Spíritus