- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
Los Helechos Review
The name means "the ferns," a nod to the tree ferns that abound in the surrounding forest. Although you'd think that rooms here would offer views of all the greenery, few do. This place was originally a boarding school, and the best and brightest quarters are in the main building, a three-story, cement structure with a frightful paint job. Rooms here have balconies, tile floors, wicker furniture, and tacky Chinese curtains. A simple restaurant serves cheap Cuban food, and just down the hill is a large, indoor pool.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture,... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more