- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hotel Ancón Review
This massive beachfront complex is practically two hotels. Rooms in the main building are unattractive little boxes, the best of which have tiny balconies overlooking the sea. Those in the Modulo Nuevo—the newer, two-story buildings next door—are spacious, tastefully furnished, and have large balconies. The crazy thing is that all rooms cost the same, so request one (with an ocean view) in the Modulo Nuevo. The beach is a long, narrow strip of white sand shaded by thatched parasols. The restaurants are on the ground floor of the main building, next to which are a large pool, tennis courts, and other facilities.
- Address: Playa Ancón, Sancti Spíritus
- Phone: 4199/6123
- Location: Península de Ancón
- 279 rooms.
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more