This small café with a hardwood bar, brass lamps, and wooden ceiling has been in business since 1866. The view, overlooking Plaza Martí, probably isn't much different than when it opened, and it still serves ponche de la parroquia, a rum-and-milk cocktail that wily young men once gave to chaperones. (Once drunk, the chaperones would be less likely to interfere should the young men try to steal kisses from their girlfriends.) Though the menu has a wide array of
beverages, dishes are limited to sandwiches, pollo frito (fried chicken) and bistéc de puerco (grilled pork).
Calle Máximo Gómez 122, Remedios, Villa Clara, Cuba