- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With a barrier reef 2 km (1 mi) offshore, many shipwrecks nearby, and average visibility of about 25 meters (66 feet), Playa Santa Lucía is a world-class dive destination. The Sharks' Friends Diving Center, just west of the hotels, runs trips to 35 different spots, including 24 shipwrecks, the oldest of which dates from the 1800s. The center's most famous dive is a shark-feeding show, but it costs more than the others do. It also offers a day trip to Cayo Caguamas, in the Jardines de la Reina. One-tank boat dives cost 35 cuc, equipment rental included; shark-feeding trips costs 50 cuc. Basic certification courses run about 200 cuc. 32/36-5182.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Scuba Diving
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe