- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Morón is a more pleasant town than Ciego de Ávila, as it has half the population and twice the historic architecture. It's also the nearest city to Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo and their resorts. Many people also use the city as a base for bass fishing. Oddly though, bass are called trucha in Cuba, though it's the Spanish term for "trout." Because it lies on an important tourist route, the colonnades of neoclassic buildings that line its main street, Calle Martí, got a fresh paint job several years ago.
Morón at a Glance
Elsewhere in Central Cuba
- Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo
- Cayo Las Brujas
- Ciego de Ávila
- El Valle de los Ingenios
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's