- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The ocean around Cienfuegos has dozens of dive sites, from shallow reefs to deep shipwrecks. Because the edge of the platform is relatively close to shore, the waters are frequented by big fish. The coral is healthy and well developed—one column stands 7 meters (23 feet) high—and visibility varies from 15 to 40 meters (45 to 120 feet).
The Centro de Buceo Faro Luna is next to the hotel of the same name on Playa Rancho Luna, 16 km (10 mi) southeast of Cienfuegos. It costs about 5 cuc a day to rent snorkeling gear and 10 cuc a day for scuba equipment. The center runs one-tank boat dives (25 cuc per person) to roughly 30 sites; it also offers certification courses for 200 cuc. 43/54-8040.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Scuba Diving
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's