Central Cuba Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Plan Your Central Cuba Vacation
Cuba's geographic heart pounds with the timeless rhythms of Afro-Cuban music, of turquoise waves crashing on white-sand beaches, and of life unfolding in splendid colonial cities. Its coral reefs are awash in color, its mangrove swamps attract flamingos by the thousands, and its lush mountain valleys are filled with birdsong of all types.
Accommodations range from massive, modern beach resorts to historic city-center hotels; most are on the low end of the price scale. Rare is the double that...read more
As is true all over Cuba, puerco (pork)—prepared the usual variety of ways—figures largely on the region's menus. Carne de res (beef) is also common, as...read more
Things To Do in Central Cuba
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Beaches. Each central province has a bit of shoreline, and some of the beaches here are lovely: turquoise shallows and powdered ivory sands shaded... Read more
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture,... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's