- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn
At a Glance
- authentic Cayman hospitality and feel
- inexpensive (with constant deals and discounts for paying cash)
- coin-operated laundry
- free Wi-Fi
- hard to find
- slightly run-down
- not on the beach
Check Rates from our Partners
Eldemire's Tropical Island Inn Review
You're about 15 minutes from Seven Mile Beach at this guesthouse south of George Town, but less than 1 mi (1½ km) north of Smith Cove Beach. Eldemire's daughter and granddaughter maintain both her tradition of warm welcomes and her extravagant gardens, which threaten to spill into the rooms. The homey feel is accentuated by chickens running around the property, a Gospel Shop and Video Club on-site (where you can get refreshments, terrific reggae CDs—and "faith" men's ties and prayer shawls), and invitations to the family's private North Side beach. Units have cheery walls (powder blue, magenta, lime green) and basic furniture with flourishes such as hand-painted cabinets. Everyone has kitchen access if they're not in self-catering units. Eldemire's attracts a fascinating mix of locals, visitors from around the Caribbean (such as rugby and soccer tournament teams), and international backpackers.
- Address: 18 Pebbles Way, off S. Church St., Box 482 George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-1106 | Map It
- Phone: 345/916–2022; 345/916–8369 Reservations; 704/468–2635 toll-free 9 am to 9 pm from US and Canada
- Website: www.eldemire.com
- Location: Grand Cayman
- 4 rooms, 2 studios, 2 apartments.
- Rate includes no meals.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle ... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more