- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aunt Sha's Kitchen
Aunt Sha's Kitchen Review
Sharon Connolly (fondly nicknamed Aunt Sha) remains the chef at this unassuming pretty-in-pink spot which is usually packed with locals, from ladies in hairnets to fishers with buckets of catch flirting or gossiping (the island's best eavesdropping). Sea-green and sky-blue walls, ceramic fish, nature photos, and fringe lamps lend some decorative flair, but you come here for stellar Caymanian cuisine, from brown stew tuna to conch fritters, Cayman-style lobster (the most expensive item by far, also prepared curried or broiled in mushroom sauce), or even fried chicken, all served with heaping helpings of sides such as dumplings. You can add heat with homemade hot sauce (pickled peppers, cabbage, onions, and tomato) that will knock your socks (and shoes) off. Everyone swears by Aunt Sha's velvety key lime pie.
- Address: West End, Cayman Brac KY2-2101
- Phone: 345/948–1581
- Location: Cayman Brac
- No dinner Sun.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
·British Virgin Islands Forum, Cayman Islands Forum, St. Maarten/St. Martin Forum, Turks & Caicos Islands Forum
Need immediate help as I am trying to book a flight today. Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more