- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
At a Glance
- incredible vistas from George Town to West Bay from higher units
- nice beach and snorkeling
- great pool at the edge of the Caribbean
- a bit isolated from action
- boxy apartments
Check Rates from our Partners
The Anchorage Review
Don't be deceived by the slightly dilapidated facade: this intimate resort's interiors were completely gutted and upgraded post-Ivan, and they're still a fine value. The two-bedroom condos are cramped compared with otherwise newer compounds, but fully equipped, modernized, scrupulously clean, and—most important—affordable (though the surcharge for oceanfront–view units, despite admittedly glorious sweeping panoramas from the third floor, is steep). Many have an odd, if versatile, L-shape layout, though owners adapt the space ingeniously into "dens" with trundle beds, extra TV rooms, or offices. But the peace and little extras make the Anchorage a safe port of call for any family.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle ... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more