- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
At a Glance
- restaurants and supermarket right across the street
- meticulously maintained
- gorgeous beachfront
- most villas offer free calls to U.S., Canada, and U.K
- some find it a little too popular with families
- undeniably elegant but extremely pricey
Check Rates from our Partners
The Meridian Review
The lavish landscaping and neo-Edwardian architecture with gables, Palladian windows, and grillwork balconies sets the understated opulent tone. Everything within is equally posh and plush: curved enclosed patios larger than many apartments, traditional decor favoring hardwood furnishings, four-poster beds, carved-wood chandeliers, and antique maps. Master bedrooms overlook the beach; their bathrooms have sunken tubs and separate showers. End units offer the most spectacular views (though there's not a bad patio seat in the house). Welcome extras include a fax machine and washer/dryer in each unit.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle ... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more