- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
Havana Club Cigars
Havana Club Cigars Review
This store is the brainchild of Raglan Roper, who sailed from Florida to Cayman two decades ago, stopping in Cuba en route. Immediately hooked on the cigars, cuisine, and culture, he eventually opened a Cayman shop, then expanded (he also owns a Cuban restaurant). In addition to the famed brands, the attraction is the irresistible in-house torcedor (cigar roller), Jesus Lara Perez, who rotates demonstrations between the stores. Jesus started working at 14 in the Cuban cigar factory La Isolina in Santa Clara, eventually becoming chief cigar roller for other leading brands.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
My future husband and I are looking for a resort/hotel to have our wedding/honeymoon. Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more