- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pirates Point Review
Irrepressible Gladys Howard offers Texas-style and Texas-size hospitality at her ravishing little resort. Guests have first privilege, but the kitchen can usually accommodate an extra couple or two. Advance reservations are both a must and a courtesy on this island, where nearly everything is imported at great cost and effort. The resort gardens provide mangoes, key limes, basil, lemongrass, and other herbs. Gladys wears many hats on island (indeed, at special occasions, she may be wearing a bear mask, bobby cap, or crab pincers). Her lighthearted antics belie the serious food. Gladys trained with Julia Child, James Beard, and Jacques Pépin, and at the legendary Cordon Bleu in Paris; she still supervises everything with an eagle eye. Memorable three-course prix-fixe dinners (wine but not tip included), served on Wedgwood, could feature anything from filet mignon with a Cabernet reduction and garlic-whipped potatoes to ahi tuna pepper steak with saffron beurre blanc, scallion-infused udon noodles, and cucumber-seaweed salad. Wildly popular sushi nights feature ultrafresh fish in eye-catching presentations. It all comes with heaping helpings of bon mots and bonhomie.
- Address: Pirates Point, Preston Bay, Little Cayman, KY3-2501
- Phone: 345/948-1010
- Location: Little Cayman
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sept.--mid-Oct. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $139-$179 -- Curaçao 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 55% Off Hilton Curaçao
- $199 -- Barbados 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 40% Hilton Barbados
- $489 & up -- Punta Cana All-Inclusive Vacations w/Air Vacation Express
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
We r going to be on vacation in Grand Cayman for couple of days. Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more