- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
At a Glance
- excellent snorkeling
- fine beach
- great value
- free Wi-Fi
- car really needed
- often overrun by families during holiday seasons and summer
- top floors feature splendid vistas but difficult access for physically challenged
Check Rates from our Partners
Christopher Columbus Review
This enduring favorite on the peaceful northern end of Seven Mile Beach is a discovery for families. Snorkeling is superb right offshore, and the CC's beach is free of rocks; the parrot-green lawn fronting the sand is so perfectly maintained you could play croquet (tennis courts and a large pool also tempt active types). Thatched cabanas and a gazebo offer shade aplenty. Living rooms and kitchens are enormous; the decor generally favors soft seashell colors of pink, mint, and baby blue, with nautical artworks aplenty. Although pretty quiet overall, the north building units are quietest. Units 8 and 10 (the latter a particularly good value for families as its "den" has two twin beds) are among the stunners opening onto the beach; however, only the pricier three-bedroom units offer beach views.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle ... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more