- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
Rum Point Review
This North Sound beach has hammocks slung in towering casuarina trees, picnic tables, casual and "fancier" dining options, well-stocked shop for seaworthy sundries, and Red Sail Sports, which offers various water sports and boats to explore Stingray City. The barrier reef ensures safe snorkeling and soft sand. The bottom remains shallow for a long way from shore, but it's littered with small coral heads, so kids be careful. The Wreck is an ultracasual hangout serving outstanding pub grub from fish-and-chips to wings, as well as lethal Mudslide cocktails. Just around the bend, another quintessential beach hangout, Kaibo, rocks during the day. Amenities: Food and drink, parking, toilets, showers, water sports. Best for: Partiers, snorkeling.
- Address: Rum Point, North Side, Grand Cayman
- Location: Grand Cayman
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
I have several restaurant questions:
1. Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle ... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more