- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
Southern Cross Club
At a Glance
- barefoot luxury
- complimentary use of kayaks and snorkel gear
- splendiferous beach
- international staff regales you with globe-trotting exploits
- not child-friendly (though families can rent a separate cottage)
- Wi-Fi promised but still not available in some rooms, with spotty signal otherwise
Check Rates from our Partners
Southern Cross Club Review
Little Cayman's first resort was cofounded in the 1950s as a private fishing club by the CEO of Sears-Roebuck and CFO of General Motors, and its focus is still on fishing and diving. The adventure and barefoot elegance motifs are struck in the semi-open lobby with African masks, trophy game fish, hand-painted cabinets, and a magnificent indoor-outdoor bar. Psychedelically hued duplex cottages sit on Little Cayman's most spectacular white-sand beach, with views of the uninhabited Owen Island and romantic private outdoor showers. Rooms feature vivid colors, local art, bamboo accents and hardwood furniture, including several four-poster beds. Some have separate living rooms and indoor-outdoor showers; the newest incorporate ecologically sound aspects such as gray-watered gardens and solar-heated water. Dive services are superb—set your gear up once and the rest is done for you during your stay. The food is exceptional, served in various venues, including an air-conditioned split-level dining room with panoramic views. The resort was Green Globe certified in 2010.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle ... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more