- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
Westin Grand Cayman Resort and Spa
At a Glance
- terrific children's programs
- superb beach (the largest resort stretch at 800 feet)
- better than advertised ocean views
- occasionally bustling and impersonal when large groups book
- fee for Wi-Fi
Check Rates from our Partners
Westin Grand Cayman Resort and Spa Review
The Westin offers something for everyone, from conventioneers to honeymooners to families, not to mention what the hospitality industry calls "location location location." You can walk a perfect beach, enjoy the sumptuous spa, sweat in the state-of-the-art fitness club, get wet with a Red Sail Sports branch, dine at the estimable Casa Havana, lounge in Grand Cayman's largest freshwater pool (with an ocean view to boot), or loll in the suave piano lounge after dark. New management lavished the property with a multi-million-dollar renovation in late 2012, freshening every aspect of the resort. The sophisticated room decor includes rich hardwood furnishings and granite-clad bathrooms with pampering showers. The Westin-brand signatures have been subtly tailored to the tropics: local rum cakes are the turndown treats, a "run concierge" leads jogs at cooler times of day, craft demonstrations from glassblowing to thatch-weaving are offered, and the kids' club includes piratical skits and scavenger hunts teaching Cayman history.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle ... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more