- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman Beach Suites
At a Glance
- fine beach
- superior dining and water-sports facilities
- free use of gym (unusual on Grand Cayman)
- supermarkets and restaurants within walking distance
- most entrances face the street, making it noisy on weekends
- small parking lot
- several units need refurbishment
- music often blaring around the pool
Check Rates from our Partners
Grand Cayman Beach Suites Review
The former Hyatt all-suites section, now locally run, offers a terrific beachfront location and trendy eateries. The resort lacks landscaping, so the lackluster setting is one of concrete and elevators. Nevertheless, the ocean-view suites are vividly hued and plush, if a tad worn; management is gradually replacing in-room furnishings. The higher the room, the smaller the balcony, but your view becomes increasingly stunning. The configuration is oddly angular and the marble-clad decor a bit formal and fussy, with columns and pilasters, but you'll find the latest gadgetry (Wi-Fi, iPod docking station, 37-inch flat-screen TV/DVD, kitchenette). Nice touches include jetted tubs and canopied beach chairs; the facilities impress, led by a Red Sail Sports outpost and stylish Hemingway's restaurant. Guests also receive preferred tee times and green fees at the Britannia Golf Club.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle ... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more