- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman
At a Glance
- exemplary service
- exceptional facilities with many complimentary extras
- annoyingly high per-night resort fee
- somewhat sprawling with a confusing layout
- long walk to beach (over an interior bridge) from most rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman Review
The Ritz-Carlton offers unparalleled luxury and service infused with a welcome sense of place, including works by top local artists and craftspeople. The 144-acre resort, as exquisitely manicured as its clientele, is anchored by a seven-story behemoth that faces Seven Mile Beach on the west and the North Sound on the east. Top toque Eric Ripert created one of the eateries. Greg Norman designed the golf course; tennis is run by Nick Bollettieri (coach of greats like Andre Agassi); La Prairie operates the sybaritic spa; and the Ambassadors of the Environment children's program was created by none other than Jean-Michel Cousteau. The staff is professional yet discreet, knowing their business not yours. Despite its glam romantic trappings, the resort is family-friendly, offering movie screenings nightly at the poolside Periwinkle restaurant, stargazing with astronomers, and incorporating Caymanian culture into the estimable kids' club activities. Rooms are spacious, hedonistic, and outfitted with high-tech conveniences.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle ... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more