- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
Cobalt Coast Resort and Suites
At a Glance
- superb dive outfit
- friendly service and clientele
- free Wi-Fi
- environmentally aware
- poky golden-sand beach
- unattractive concrete pool area
- remote location, so a car (included in some packages) is necessary
Check Rates from our Partners
Cobalt Coast Resort and Suites Review
This small ecofriendly hotel is perfect for divers who want a moderately priced spacious room or suite right on the ironshore far from the madding crowds. Units have picture windows overlooking the Caribbean, imported Dutch fixtures, IKEA-style cabinetry, and Constructivist-inspired Marimekko fabrics from Finland. The cutting-edge dive operation, DiveTech, runs smoothly, catering to a wide array of needs, and Duppies restaurant is surprisingly good. As the gracious, gregarious Dutch-born owner, Arie Barendrecht, says, "The whole idea is to complement the dive experience." The area also lures anglers so "we'll cook what you bring in." Add great shore diving (especially in the calmer summer season) with a four- or five-minute swim to a 60-foot drop, and this is a no-brainer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle ... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more