- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Cayman Islands
Sunshine Suites Resort
At a Glance
- good value and deals
- cheerful staff
- rocking little restaurant
- thoughtful free extras including business center use and access to the nearby World Gym
- poor views
- not on the beach
Check Rates from our Partners
Sunshine Suites Resort Review
This friendly, all-suites hotel is an impeccably clean money saver. The somewhat boxy but brightly designed rooms lack balconies, patios, or even views, and both windows and bathrooms are tiny, but each has a complete kitchen, pillow-top mattress, flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi (laptops can be rented). The grounds, dotted with hammocks and Adirondack chairs, are lovely. You can enjoy the great cheap food and gossip at the poolside restaurant, a local fave. It's a five-minute walk to Seven Mile Beach, where the resort provides beach chairs and towels near the Westin. Breakfast is served poolside. The resort provides lockers for dive gear and discounts for Budget Car Rental.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I realize it took me a while to report on our trip last June, to the cayman islands, and I am not good at writing reports, plus it has been a while since our trip, but here it is...
We were Read more
Mr Frogoutofwater and I just got back from a 6-night stay in Grand Cayman. Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Sunbathing in Grand Cayman, your boutique hotel's sommelier approaches to let you know that rare bottle ... Read more
Many deem Grand Cayman one of the best culinary destinations in the Caribbean—judge for yoursel... Read more
If you're going to a Caribbean Island, the chances are good that you're looking for a way to take a break...... Read more