- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Squash and Tennis
Most resorts and condominium complexes have their own courts, often lighted for night play, but guests have top priority. When they're empty, you can book a court, which normally costs around $25 per hour.
The Courts. The Courts is a collaboration between Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman and tennis coach Nick Bollettieri (former mentor of Andre Agassi, Monica Seles, Jim Courier, and the Williams sisters at his legendary Florida academy). The club offers three French-style red clay courts and a Wimbledon-worthy grass court. Bollettieri personally trained the director, who gives private lessons ($125); Bollettieri himself occasionally drops by for tournaments and clinics. Court rental is $40 per hour. West Bay Rd., Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, KY1-1208. 345/943–9000.
South Sound Squash Club. This club has seven international courts, a changing room, a bar and lounge, and coaches. It's a private club, but temporary memberships can be arranged, as well as lessons from world-champion instructors. 25 Anne Bonny Crescent, South Sound, George Town, Grand Cayman, KY1-1110. 345/949–9469. www.squash.ky.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe