- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Skating and Skateboarding
Black Pearl Skate and Surf Park. Black Pearl Skate and Surf Park, a great skating park (skateboards, in-line skates), is the size of a football field (at 52,000 square feet the world's second-largest such facility) with stairs, half pipe, rails, 20-foot vert ramp, and flow course offering innumerable lies. International professional skaters such as Tony Hawk, Ryan Sheckler, and Mark Appleyard have practiced their kickflips, tailslides, wheelies, and grinds. The park also has one of only three Waveloch standing wave–surf machines in the world, which generates adjustable 11-foot swells. You can arrange lessons or rent anything you need at the adjacent skate–surf shop. The outdoor patio of the surprisingly elegant Brick House restaurant (terrific pizzas and playground) is the perfect vantage point for the rad performances local daredevils mount Friday and Saturday nights. Red Bay Rd., Grand Harbour, Grand Cayman, KY1-1206. 345/947–4161 or 345/526–3294. www.blackpearl.ky.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe