Sailing and Boating in Virgin Gorda
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sailing and Boating
The BVI waters are calm, and terrific places to learn to sail. You can also rent sea kayaks, waterskiing equipment, dinghies, and powerboats, or take a parasailing trip.
Bitter End Sailing and Kiteboarding School. Bitter End Sailing and Kiteboarding School offers classroom, dockside, and on-the-water lessons for sailors of all levels. Private lessons are $75 per hour. Bitter End Yacht Club, North Sound, Virgin Gorda. 284/494-2746. www.beyc.com.
Double "D" Charters. If you just want to sit back, relax, and let the captain take the helm, choose a sailing or power yacht from Double "D" Charters. Rates are $75 for a half-day trip and $125 for a full-day island-hopping excursion. Private full-day cruises or sails for up to eight people run from $950. Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbour, Lee Rd., Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda. 284/499-2479. www.doubledbvi.com.
Aristocat Charters. Set sail aboard the 48-foot catamaran Lionheart to snorkel Cooper, Salt, and Dog islands. Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbour, Lee Rd., Spanish Town, Virgin Gorda. 284/499-1249. www.aristocatcharters.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $427 & up -- All-Inclusive Virgin Island Yacht Club Resort Bitter End Yacht Club
- $6797 -- British Virgin Islands 8-Nt. Villa, Save $971 On the Rocks Villa
- $9000 -- Virgin Islands Family Yacht Charter, Save $2000 Amazing Charters