Sights & Attractions in Tortola
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tortola doesn't have many historic sights, but it does have lots of spectacular natural scenery and beautiful beaches. Although you could explore the island's 21 square miles (56 square km) in a few hours, opting for such a whirlwind tour would be a mistake. There's no need to live in the fast lane when you're surrounded by some of the Caribbean's most breathtaking panoramas. In any event, you come to Tortola to relax, read in the hammock, and spend hours at dinner, not to dash madly around the island ticking yet another sight off your list. Except for the Dolphin Discovery, where advance booking is recommended, the other island sights are best seen when you stumble upon them on your round-the-island drive.
Browse Tortola Sights
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's