Fodor's U.S. & British Virgin Islands
Soggy Dollar Bar
Soggy Dollar Bar Review
Candles illuminate this tiny, beachfront, palm-lined dining room during the evening meal, making it one of the most romantic dinner settings on the island. Native-born Jost Van Dyke chef Dwayne Donovan keeps things interesting with five to seven entrée and appetizer choices that change weekly and feature local flourishes like a passion-fruit demi-glaze. Don't miss the Painkiller ice cream, inspired by the Painkiller cocktail created here. For lunch, if you can find your way through the throngs ordering Painkillers at the bar, choices include mahimahi sandwiches, hamburgers, chicken roti, and conch fritters. Management has recently relaxed its reservations-only dinner policy, but it's still wise to call ahead.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My future husband and I are looking for a resort/hotel to have our wedding/honeymoon. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more