Jost Van Dyke Experience
Camping on Jost Van Dyke
Ivan's White Bay Campground. This bar, restaurant, and campground is a popular destination on Jost Van Dyke for those who don't mind roughing it. You can pitch your tent 6 feet from the sea or farther back under the sea-grape trees where there's an electric hookup and lamp. Or opt for a primitive cabin, where you can find just a bed, fan, light, and bucket of water to wash the sand off your feet. There's an outhouse, a sun shower (basically a plastic sack hung from a tree branch), and a communal kitchen stocked with pots and pans. Expect to pay $20 for a bare site, $40 for an equipped site, or $65–$75 for a cabin. Camping reservations are essential. White Bay 284/495–9358 www.ivanscampground.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's