- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The departure tax when going to Curaçao, St. Maarten, St. Eustatius, Saba, or Aruba is $9. For all other destinations it's $35. This tax is supposed to be included in the ticket price. Hotels charge a room tax of $6.50 per person, per night in addition to the V.A.T. (value-added tax). Many hotels add a 10% to 15% service charge to your bill. A V.A.T. of 6% is tacked on to dining and lodging costs. The V.A.T. may or may not be included in your quoted room rates, so be sure to ask. It's almost always included in restaurant prices.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's