- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One of the great benefits of Bonaire to cruise passengers is that the port is right in downtown Kralendijk. Ships usually tender passengers ashore. A four-minute walk takes you to most of the best shopping and restaurants on the island.
Bonaire lives for tourism; upon the arrival of a cruise ship, the locals are ready, and an impromptu crafts market springs up in the park across from the port entrance. Taxis wait right at the port and operate on fixed government rates. All the sights of Kralendijk are within easy walking distance, and a taxi ride to one of the larger resorts on the island will run between $10 and $17. A half-day island tour by taxi costs about $25 per hour for up to two passengers and will allow you to see most of the major sights. Fares increase by 50% between midnight and 6 am.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's