- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Minimum and maximum age to rent a car are 21 and 70. There's a government tax of 5% per rental; no cash deposit is needed if you pay by credit card.
Gas prices are about double those of the United States. Main roads are well paved, but during the rainy season (October and November), mud—called Bonairean snow—can be difficult to navigate. Traffic is to the right, and there's not a single traffic light.
Avis (Flamingo Airport, Kralendijk. 599/717-5795. www.avis.com.)
Budget (Flamingo Airport, Kralendijk. 599/717-4700. www.budget.com.)
Bonaire Rent a Car (Kaya International 1, Kralendijk. 599/786–6090 or.)
Hertz (Flamingo Airport, Kralendijk. 599/717-7221. www.hertz.com.)
Island Rentals (Opposite Flamingo Airport, Kaya Internationaal 130, Kralendijk. 599/717–2100.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's