- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Bonaire
The Diving: As locals say, you come here to dive, eat, dive, sleep, and dive.
The Snorkeling: You don't have to be a certified diver to appreciate Bonaire's reefs; snorkelers can see a lot of the beauty just below the surface of the water.
The Quiet: Visitors came to enjoy the tranquillity of the island long before they started exploring offshore.
The Dining: Dining is surprisingly good and varied for such a small island.
The Smiles: Bonaireans are genuinely friendly without a hint of the phoniness sometimes found on other tourist-dependent islands.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Escorted Havana Tour w/Air, $300 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore