- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hotels add a 7.25% government tax to the bill, and most add a 10% service charge or a per-diem dollar equivalent in lieu of tips. Other extra charges sometimes include a 5% "energy surcharge" (at small guesthouses) and a 17% service charge (at most restaurants).
A $25 airport-departure tax and a $4.25 airport-security fee are built into the price of your ticket, as is a $4 passenger facility charge, whereas cruise lines collect $60 in advance for each passenger, again, normally included in the price of the ticket.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's