- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taxis are the fastest and easiest way to get around the island—and also the most costly. Four-seater taxis charge $5.35 for the first mile and $2 for each subsequent mile. Between midnight and 6 am, and on Sunday and holidays, a 25% surcharge is added to the fare. There's a $1 charge for each piece of luggage stored in the trunk or on the roof. Taxi drivers accept only American or Bermudian cash, but not bills larger than $50, and they expect a 15% tip. You can phone for taxi pickup, but you may wait while the cab navigates Bermuda's heavy traffic. Don't hesitate to hail a taxi on the street.
For a personalized taxi tour of the island, the minimum duration is three hours, at $36.50 per hour for one to four people and $49.50 an hour for five or six, excluding tip.
The Bermuda Industrial Union Taxi Co-op (441/292-4476.)
Island Taxi Services (441/295-4141. www.islandtaxiservices.com.)
BTA Dispatching Ltd. (441/296-2121.)
First Step Taxi Service. (wheelchair accessible) 441/293-0301, 441/735-7151, or 441/516-9876.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $1019 & up -- Oceanview 5-Night Bermuda Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com
- $429 & up -- 5- & 6-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Royal Caribbean — $429 American Express Travel