- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taxis are the fastest and easiest way to get around the island—and also the most costly. Four-seater taxis charge $5.35 for the first mile and $2 for each subsequent mile. Between midnight and 6 am, and on Sunday and holidays, a 25% surcharge is added to the fare. There's a $1 charge for each piece of luggage stored in the trunk or on the roof. Taxi drivers accept only American or Bermudian cash, but not bills larger than $50, and they expect a 15% tip. You can phone for taxi pickup, but you may wait while the cab navigates Bermuda's heavy traffic. Don't hesitate to hail a taxi on the street.
For a personalized taxi tour of the island, the minimum duration is three hours, at $36.50 per hour for one to four people and $49.50 an hour for five or six, excluding tip.
The Bermuda Industrial Union Taxi Co-op (441/292–4476.)
Island Taxi Services (441/295–4141. www.bermudaislandtaxi.com.)
BTA Dispatching Ltd. (441/296–2121.)
First Step Taxi Service. (wheelchair accessible) 441/735–7151.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe