- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Bermuda Ministry of Transport maintains excellent, frequent, and on-time ferry service from Hamilton to Paget and Warwick (the pink line), Somerset and the Dockyard in the West End (the blue line), Rockaway in Southampton (the green line), and, weekdays in summer only, the Dockyard and St. George's (the orange line).
A one-way adult fare to Paget or Warwick is $2.50; to Somerset, the Dockyard, or St. George's, $4. The last departures are from Hamilton at 10 pm from mid-April through mid-November, 9 pm from mid-November through mid-April. Sunday ferry service is limited and ends around 6 pm. You can bring a bicycle on board free of charge, but you'll pay $4 extra to take a motor scooter to Somerset or the Dockyard, and scooters are not allowed on the smaller Paget and Warwick ferries. Neither bikes nor scooters are allowed on ferries to St. George's. Discounted one-, two-, three-, four-, and seven-day passes are available for use on both ferries and buses. They cost $12, $20, $28, $35, and $45 respectively. Monthly passes are also offered at $55. The helpful ferry operators can answer questions about routes and schedules and can even help get your bike on board. Schedules are published in the phone book, posted at each landing, and are also available at the Ferry Terminal, Central Bus Terminal, Visitors Service Bureaus, and most hotels.
Ministry of Transport, Department of Marine and Ports Services (441/295-4506 Hamilton Ferry Terminal. www.seaexpress.bm.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $1019 & up -- Oceanview 5-Night Bermuda Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com
- $429 & up -- 5- & 6-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Royal Caribbean — $429 American Express Travel