- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- inexpensive cottages and rooms
- interesting corner of the island to explore
- edgy hostess
- few services
- not beachfront
Check Rates from our Partners
Garden House Review
Eccentric owner Rosanne Galloway is the most memorable aspect of this tucked-away hideout, which has more space than you'll know what to do with. She's a fervent gardener, and spends much time on her large property planting and pruning, so there's a relaxed work-in-progress approach to this place. This is the quieter end of the Island and you'll have to walk a ways to a beach, but the long lawn extends to a path that reaches Ely's Harbour where you can swim, as long as you don't mind diving into deep water right off the shore. All units have patios that lead out to the gardens. Children under 12 stay free. Owner requests only nonsmokers.
- Address: 4 Middle Rd., Somerset Bridge Sandys Parish, SB 01
- Phone: 441/234–1435
- Location: The Western Parishes
- 3 apartments, 2 cottages.
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- Closed Dec.–Feb.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hubby and I are just back from an incredible weekend in Bermuda. Read more
How to see the best of Bermuda's waters. Read more
A small gorup of thirty something couples love traveling to Elbow Cay, and want a similar experience (golf carts for transportation, cruise around the island on a rental boat, secluded island with not a Read more
· News & Features
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise ... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Bermuda is 600 miles off the coast of North Carolina.... Read more