At a Glance
- inexpensive cottages and rooms
- interesting corner of the island to explore
- edgy hostess
- few services
- not beachfront
Garden House Review
Eccentric owner Rosanne Galloway is the most memorable aspect of this tucked-away hideout, which has more space than you'll know what to do with. She's a fervent gardener, and spends much time on her large property planting and pruning, so there's a relaxed work-in-progress approach to this place. This is the quieter end of the Island and you'll have to walk a ways to a beach, but the long lawn extends to a path that reaches Ely's Harbour where you can swim, as long as you don't mind diving into deep water right off the shore. All units have patios that lead out to the gardens. Children under 12 stay free. Owner requests only nonsmokers.
- Address: 4 Middle Rd., Somerset Bridge, Sandys Parish, SB 01
- Phone: 441/234–1435; 441/234–3006
- Location: Dockyard and The Western Parishes
- 3 apartments, 2 cottages
- Rate includes no meals.
- No credit cards.
- Closed Dec.–Feb.