- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cambridge Beaches Resort and Spa
At a Glance
- gamut of activities and beaches to choose from
- beautiful grounds and beaches
- far removed from rest of island
- very expensive
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Cambridge Beaches Resort and Spa Review
Cambridge Beaches has a coat of arms that reads "Prima Et Optima", or First and Best. The First? Yes—it's the island's oldest cottage colony. The Best? Well, if you want a pervasive sense of tranquillity and relaxed refinement, then that's a fact, too. No other Bermuda resort uses its privileged setting better—its 30 acres on a peninsula near the western end of the island creates a sense of meandering expansiveness. Many large properties on the island are centered on one main beach, but Cambridge has four, including beautiful Long Bay Beach and tiny Turtle Cove (backed by a chic infinity pool). The complimentary daily tea service is a civilized affair, set in the Port of Call bar overlooking Mangrove Bay. The varying sizes, styles, and locations of the cottages and rooms make for a wide range of prices. Less-expensive rooms open onto lawns and gardens, but overlook the same wide ocean. Want the best? Three pool suites have very private terraces with plunge pools facing the ocean. Ocean Spa is among the very best in Bermuda.
- Address: 30 King's Point Rd., Somerset, Sandys Parish, MA 02
- Phone: 441/234-0331; 800/468-7300 in U.S.
- Website: www.cambridgebeaches.com
- Location: The Western Parishes
- 66 rooms, 25 suites, 3 2-bedroom cottages.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' in Fall, up to 65% Off Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $1019 & up -- Oceanview 5-Night Bermuda Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $429 & up -- 5- & 6-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Royal Caribbean — $429 American Express Travel
- $549 & up -- 7-Night Bermuda Cruise on Celebrity — $549 American Express Travel
After I posted numerous questions on this board, cmcfong asked that I report back on our trip to Bermuda. Read more
27 April 2012, San Juan
Friends Glenn and Carol invited us to join them on a repositioning cruise from San Juan to Bayonne NJ, which started from San Juan. Read more
My boyfriend and I are in dire need of a relaxing vacation. Read more
· News & Features
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Bermuda is 600 miles off the coast of North Carolina.... Read more
Retreating to the posh pink beaches of Bermuda is always a good idea—there's golf to play, festivals... Read more