- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Grotto Bay Beach Resort
At a Glance
- kids' program in summer
- on-site aquatic activities
- small beach
- big complex
- rooms unexciting
Check Rates from our Partners
Grotto Bay Beach Resort Review
The ocean is never far from sight at this popular resort best known for its two on-site caves; you can treat yourself to a spa treatment in one, then go for a relaxing swim in the other. The 21-acre hillside resort is pleasant, although it overlooks the airport directly across Castle Harbour, a sad and noisy reminder that you can't stay on this beautiful island forever. The resort is quite commercialized by Bermuda standards and it can get crowded with packaged tour groups. The beach is small, but you also have the resort pool which is the the center of the action, next to an outdoor restaurant, hot tub, shuffleboard, and tennis courts. Kids can watch fish being fed from a small lagoon off the beach and try out the waterslide for size. For adults, sightseeing, scuba diving, and snorkeling cruises depart regularly from the on-site deepwater dock.
- Address: 11 Blue Hole Hill, Bailey's Bay Hamilton Parish, CR 04 | Map It
- Phone: 441/293–8333; 800/582–3190
- Website: www.grottobay.com
- Location: St. George's and The Eastern Parishes
- 198 rooms, 3 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast, no meals, all-inclusive.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hubby and I are just back from an incredible weekend in Bermuda. Read more
How to see the best of Bermuda's waters. Read more
A small gorup of thirty something couples love traveling to Elbow Cay, and want a similar experience (golf carts for transportation, cruise around the island on a rental boat, secluded island with not a Read more
· News & Features
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise ... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Bermuda is 600 miles off the coast of North Carolina.... Read more