- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Clearwater Beach Review
On the eastern tip of the island in St. David's, Clearwater is a long sandy strip of beach that's popular with serious swimmers and triathletes who use it as a training ground. But don't be intimidated, the young and old also flock here to wade in the shallow water, and there are buoy markers that identify where the beach becomes deeper. Keep your eyes peeled for turtles! Clearwater is one of the few beaches in Bermuda that has an adjoining café, serving kids' picnic favorites such as burgers and fries. There's also an in-house bar when the five-o'clock-somewhere mood strikes. Beach bathrooms, lifeguards during the tourist season (April through September), and a playground make this a great choice for families. Amenities: food and drink; lifeguards; parking (free); toilets. Best for: partiers; sunrise; swimming; walking.
- Address: Off Cooper's Island Rd., St. David's Island, DD03
- Metro Bus 6 from St. George's.
- Location: St. George's and The Eastern Parishes
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hubby and I are just back from an incredible weekend in Bermuda. Read more
How to see the best of Bermuda's waters. Read more
My boyfriend and I are in dire need of a relaxing vacation. Read more
· News & Features
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise ... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Bermuda is 600 miles off the coast of North Carolina.... Read more