- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Horseshoe Bay Review
When locals say they're going to "the beach," they're generally referring to Horseshoe Bay, the island's most popular. With clear water, a 0.3-mi crescent of pink sand, a vibrant social scene, and the uncluttered backdrop of South Shore Park, Horseshoe Bay has everything you could ask of a Bermudian beach. A snack bar, changing rooms, beach-rental facilities, and lifeguards add to its appeal. The Good Friday Annual Kite Festival also takes place here. The undertow can be strong, especially on the main beach. A better place for children is Horseshoe Baby Beach. Before 2003's Hurricane Fabian, this beach was reached by climbing a trail over the dunes at the western end of Horseshoe Bay. Fabian's storm surge ploughed right through those dunes, creating a wide walkway for eager little beachgoers. Sheltered from the ocean by a ring of rocks, this cove is shallow and almost perfectly calm. In summer, toddlers can find lots of playmates. Amenities: food and drink; lifeguards; parking (free); showers; toilets. Best for: partiers; swimming; walking.
- Address: Off South Shore Rd., Southampton Parish, SN08
- Phone: 441/238–2651
- Metro Bus 7 from Hamilton.
- Location: Bermuda
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hubby and I are just back from an incredible weekend in Bermuda. Read more
How to see the best of Bermuda's waters. Read more
A small gorup of thirty something couples love traveling to Elbow Cay, and want a similar experience (golf carts for transportation, cruise around the island on a rental boat, secluded island with not a Read more
· News & Features
From French Polynesia to Bermuda, there's no shortage of tropical islands that draw cruise ... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Bermuda is 600 miles off the coast of North Carolina.... Read more