- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
John Smith's Bay
John Smith's Bay Review
Just past Spittal Pond Nature Reserve, this beach consists of a pretty strand of long, flat, open sand. The presence of a lifeguard in summer makes it an ideal place to bring children. The only public beach in Smith's Parish, John Smith's Bay is also popular with locals. Groups of young folk like to gather in the park area surrounding the beach for parties, especially on weekends and holidays, so if you're not in the mood for a festive bunch with loud radios, this may not be the place for you. There are toilet and changing facilities on-site, as well as scooter parking. Amenities: food and drink; lifeguards; parking (free); toilets. Best for: partiers; snorkeling; swimming.
- Address: South Shore Rd., Smith's Parish, FL06
- Metro Bus 1 from Hamilton.
- Location: Bermuda
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We had the fortunate opportunity to spend nine days in Bermuda in early November. Read more
After I posted numerous questions on this board, cmcfong asked that I report back on our trip to Bermuda. Read more
Anyone prefer one over another? Read more
· News & Features
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Bermuda is 600 miles off the coast of North Carolina.... Read more
Retreating to the posh pink beaches of Bermuda is always a good idea—there's golf to play, festivals... Read more