- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Very Fine Arts Festivals
Bermuda Festival of the Performing Arts. In January and February, the Bermuda Festival brings internationally renowned artists to the island. The two-month program includes theater, as well as classical and jazz concerts. Most shows take place in City Hall and Cedar Bridge Academy; tickets are approximately $65 for adults and $25 for students. 441/295–1291. www.bermudafestival.org.
Bermuda International Film Festival. This top-notch festival is a celebration of independent films from all over the world. There are screenings during a full week in mid-March or April at the cinemas in Hamilton. Tickets are sold for individual films as well as for workshops and seminars. Festival parties are also popular, as Hamilton mimics—for a few days at least—the glamour of Sundance, minus the fancy cars. 441/293–3456. www.biff.bm.
Harbour Nights, a street festival featuring Bermudian artists, crafts, Gombey dancers, face painting, and the like, takes place every Wednesday night in summer on Front Street in the City of Hamilton. Other weekly summer fetes include the St. George's Market Nights on Tuesdays and Destination Dockyard on Monday nights.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe