- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
From Tee Time to Bed Time
If you stay in a hotel with its own golf course or one that has agreements with some of the golf clubs, it cuts out much of the planning you'll have to make on your own. For instance, the Fairmont Southampton Resort has its own 18-hole executive course and access agreement with Riddell's Bay Golf & Country Club. Tee times are blocked for hotel guests and a shuttle is provided to and from the hotel.
At the Tucker's Point Club, which opened its hotel and spa in the spring of 2009, you can contrast the old and the new in golf course designs without straying very far from the resort. On-site is Roger Rulewich's fabulous design, laid down atop the old Castle Harbour Golf Club, designed by his mentor, Robert Trent Jones Sr. Literally next door is the classic Mid Ocean Club, a Charles Blair Macdonald track redesigned by Jones in 1953. You will have seen Mid Ocean on television during the 2007 and 2008 PGA Grand Slams, and you'll be anxious to try your luck.
When you make your lodging arrangements, check to see what golf packages and perks are available. Many hoteliers are also members at the clubs and are happy to facilitate arrangements.Updated: 03-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's