- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Where to Take Tea
When afternoon arrives, Bermuda, like Britain, pauses for tea. Usually, tea is served between 3 and 5, but teatime can mean anything from an urn or thermos and cookies sitting on a sideboard to the more formal stiff-pinkie presentation of brewed-to-order tea in a porcelain or silver teapot, served with cream and sugar on a tray, and accompanied by finger sandwiches and scones with clotted cream and jam.
Fairmont Hamilton Princess. Fairmont Hamilton Princess serves a posh afternoon tea in its Heritage Court, adjacent to the lobby and Japanese koi pond. Fine Eastern teas are brought to your Italian linen–covered table in shining silver teapots and poured into delicate Belgian china. The cost is $34 for tea, miniature sandwiches, and cakes. Served 2:30–5 daily. Reservations are required. 76 Pitts Bay Rd., Hamilton, HM08. 441/295–3000 or 866/441–1414.
Sweet P. Located in the same building as the Bermuda Perfumery in St. George's, Sweet P offers high tea on Wednesday and Saturday from 1 to 5. For $28 you'll enjoy an array of sticky and sinful cakes, tarts, and pastries. Cash only. Stewart Hall, 5 Queen St., St. George's, GE05. 441/293–0627. No credit cards.Updated: 03-2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's