Soccer in Bermuda
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Football (soccer) season runs from September through April in Bermuda. One of Bermuda's two national sports, football is massively popular among Bermudians, who often crowd matches in the evenings and on weekends. You can watch local teams in various age divisions battle it out on fields around the island.
Bermuda Football Association. The Bermuda Football Association is in charge of player development, scheduling, and league regulations. For more details on soccer in Bermuda and to view photographs from past events, visit the BFA's website. 441/295–2199. www.bermudafa.com.
The Bermuda Hogges (www.bermudahoggesfc.com) are the island's only professional football team. They play in the American United Soccer League Division Two against sides from places on the eastern coast of America like Richmond and Charlotte. They play their home games at the Bermuda National Sports Centre during the summer months. Tickets cost between $25 and $35.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe