- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
Island Inn Hotel
At a Glance
- friendly, accommodating atmosphere
- smartly decorated rooms
- excellent value
- small pool
- request a room near the pool, as rooms near the front can be noisy and don't have a patio
Check Rates from our Partners
Island Inn Hotel Review
Originally constructed in 1804 as a rum storage facility for the British Regiment, this quaint, all-inclusive boutique hotel—less than a mile from Bridgetown and steps away from beautiful Pebbles Beach on Carlisle Bay—appeals to singles, couples, and families. Modern, attractively decorated rooms (just 24 of them) form a horseshoe around the pool and gardens. The bathrooms are large and, well, stunning. Guests love the walk-in closets, too. The dining room serves three meals a day, both local and international cuisine, and the chef will prepare a picnic for you to take to the beach or on a day's outing. A scuba-diving demonstration and a trip to Bridgetown are included. And for a change of pace, try your luck at the slot machines in the arcades next door and across the street.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
Barbados Advice for family.
I was planning another trip to Jamaica where I stayed at a villa at My Silversands. I loved it. Had a housekeeper and cook so we could relax and play with the kids. Our kids Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more