- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Waterside Restaurant Review
You won't get much closer to dining on the water without being on a boat. Tables here are placed on a broad porch suspended over the beachfront and spaced generously to allow for pleasant and private conversation; all the bustle of vibrant St. Lawrence Gap is left at the door. Once inside, the setting becomes sophisticated, tranquil, and definitely picturesque; the mood, quiet and intimate. And then there's the food. Chef Michael Hinds's truly elegant cuisine includes seared and crusted red snapper with tarragon emulsion, fire-roasted tiger prawns on bamboo and lemon-scented basmati rice with cashews, five-spice braised short rib with garlic mashed potatoes, and more. For dessert, don't miss the spiced banana spring rolls with coconut ice cream and brandy caramel coulis.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
Had I made a different decision out of high school my first visit to Barbados would have occurred a long time ago. Read more
I will be styaing in Christ Church. Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more