- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
Lone Star Hotel
At a Glance
- rub shoulders and chill with celebs (perhaps)
- enjoy great cuisine
- complimentary Wi-Fi
- you'll love the decor
- not suitable for kids
- rubbing shoulders and chilling with celebs can be very expensive
Check Rates from our Partners
Lone Star Hotel Review
This 1940s-era service station was transformed into a sleek beachfront boutique hotel that—fortunately or unfortunately—has since been discovered by celebrities. Refurbished in 2014 by new owners, the hotel's three large, architecturally fascinating suites—two at beach level and one double-size penthouse suite—are beautifully decorated in elegant neutral colors and furnished in minimalist style with enormous Bajan mahogany beds, chic Italian-designed upholstered furniture, and Philippe Starck fixtures in the bathrooms. Each suite—appropriately dubbed Buick, Cadillac, and Studebaker—has its own communications and entertainment center. A shady terrace overloks the beach; golf, tennis, fishing, snorkeling, scuba diving, and horseback riding are available nearby. The restaurant is extraordinary—both in terms of cuisine and atmosphere.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more