- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
At a Glance
- very big resort, yet layout affords privacy
- central location right on Paynes Bay beach
- lots of free water sports
- some room could use a little TLC
- uninspired buffet breakfast
Check Rates from our Partners
This sleek Mediterranean-style resort, which sprawls along 750 feet of prime west-coast beachfront, is large enough to cater to sophisticated couples and active families while, at the same time, offering cozy privacy to honeymooners. Most rooms provide a panoramic view of the sea. Four-poster beds in 10 luxury oceanfront suites add a touch of romance. Junior suites are great for couples or families with one or two small children; families with older kids might prefer the space and privacy of a one-bedroom suite. Teenagers enjoy hanging out in Club Tamarind, with its large-screen game consoles, and participating in other age-appropriate activities on and off the resort grounds. Tamarind offers an array of water sports, as well as golf privileges at the Royal Westmoreland Golf Club. A free water taxi shuttles guests to two sister hotels on the west coast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
Barbados Advice for family.
I was planning another trip to Jamaica where I stayed at a villa at My Silversands. I loved it. Had a housekeeper and cook so we could relax and play with the kids. Our kids Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more